Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Little About Me

Hello reader! Allow me to provide you with some background information on myself and why I started this blog. My name is Luis Legro and I will be a Princeton University student starting next year. I say "I will be" because I will be taking a gap year in 2013 to 2014 as a part of Princeton's Bridge Year Program, a nine-month, University-sponsored program that allows a number of incoming freshmen students to delay their freshmen year and contribute their service in community-based projects, while providing them with new perspectives and a deeper appreciation for service. For more information, check out their official website Bridge Year Program Homepage.

Acceptance into the program was, for me, one of the most extraordinary privileges that I have been gifted with and I would like to thank both Princeton University and Mr. Paul G. Haaga '70 for funding my stay in China. 

Although as I write this post, I am still in the US, I have started to feel the reality of the coming events sinking in. I find that every time I talk to my family and a couple of my best friends, a sensation of longing for home assails me, even though I haven't left yet. As you can probably tell, I am super attached to my family, especially my parents, and for those nine months, I will long for my mom's famous hugs and my dad's playful tousling of hair. That is why I have decided to start this blog, so that I can update my family and friends on what I've been doing as well as provide some sense of security that I'm alright(that's mostly for my parents). I've never had a blog before nor have I ever kept a journal,so bear with me as I get used to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment