Wednesday, August 28, 2013

As the clock ticks away

As I write this post, my eyes continue darting towards the bottom-right of this page as my mind creates the vibration of each tick. Each vibration seems to me like an uncomfortable cleave at the already-deteriorated allowance of time I've been given in this country that I'm sure to miss. I may just be tired, but the Earth itself seems to be stretching as the forty-five minute drive back home to my family and friends seems to elongate to an almost 7000 mile distance and Beijing suddenly seems a mere car ride away. Only 28 more minutes remain until saddening goodbyes are given to the rest of the Bridge Year participants, each of whom must depart for their own journey. I consider myself privileged to have met all these incredibly intelligent and talented people who (unfairly) just happen to be some of the nicest people I've ever met. It's weird; I've never had such a mix of feelings of excitement and doubt, of fear and confidence, and of homesickness, while still home. I'll miss the wonderful people who helped me get here and I thank them for everything they've done. Fifteen minutes left and I must go! Zai jian for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment